The Board of Directors, Sport Oakville, are introducing a new annual award to be presented to one athlete, nominated by a Sport Oakville Member Association, who meets the following criteria:
- Is under the age of 18 years of age
- Is nominated by a Sport Oakville Member Association
- Exhibits a high level of skill in their respective sport
- Has a proven record of excellent performance at his/her level of competition?
- Has shown dedication to their sport both on and off the field of play
- Has exceptional leadership abilities
- Is a mentor and a role model for other athletes
- demonstrated values such as perseverance, sportsmanship, respect for others and a true love of sport
Based on the nominations received by September 14, 2018 deadline, the Sport Oakville Board of Directors will select one of the nominees to receive the Sport Oakville Youth Athletic Achievement Award.